My list this week is awesome, if I do say so myself. Here we go.
1. Working a lot, even more than usual. The nicer the weather is in Sacramento the more dogs are out and about getting into fights and eating things they aren’t supposed to.
2. I, as usual, went for a hike with my parents today.
3. Stopped by work for an hour today to tie up some loose ends from the week, and to force Bailey to sit in one place when there is so much going on around her. Yes, I like to torture my Golden Retriever. It helps her to sleep.
4. Went to Target and was going to allow myself to buy any one or two fun things but I didn’t find anything fun enough to buy! Please someone tell my mother I said that on the Internet. Yes, Mother, it’s true. I went to a store and only spent $10 on hangers and a Rubbermaid container!
5. Took Bailey for a 3 mile jog. My pace was a slow and steady 13.5 minutes per mile, but I ran almost the whole thing so that’s huge for me. I almost felt like I was enjoying myself for a few minutes. And see, here is Bailey after we got back. She is officially pooped. It only took three miles of jogging and four miles of hiking to do it!
6. I did read about thirty pages of Orfeo earlier today, and came to the sobering realization that this book, like the symphonies Peter Els loves so much, cannot be explained in bits and pieces without being aware of the whole piece and its overarching themes. I’m hopeful I can get through the last seventy or so pages this weekend and have a final review up by Saturday, but I’m not making any promises. I may still be talking Orfeo while posting pictures of Yosemite next week (yes, I’m going back!).
7. I took a shower tonight and came back out to the living room to work on my blog post, and ended up getting wrapped up in this week’s episode of Bones. I spent about ten minutes after the episode was over mapping out the rest of the season in my head and being upset about Booth relapsing in his gambling addiction. I’ve been waiting for this plot twist to get thrown in for the whole five years I’ve watched Bones and I’m really bummed they are finally going to use it. But this is a book blog, not a TV blog, so that’s all I’m going to say.
And now here we are. I’m going to try to stay up past my bedtime and do some more reading. And hey, the faster I finish Orfeo the sooner I can start posting lists of “What I was Doing While I was Supposed to be Reading Dragonfly in Amber.”
I feel like I should start reading this book just so I can get more things done…
Yes, I feel like I’ve been really productive in my non-reading life since I started it. 🙂